Sunday, November 03, 2013

Australia and New Zealand Cruise – Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds

 

Rudyard Kipling once described Milford Sound as the 'eighth wonder of the world' – Fantastic to be back here.  Truly amazing.

Today we cruised into Milford Sound and through Doubtful and Dusky Sound. So a sea day that started really early and actually pretty drizzly and wet out. We watched us cruise into Milford indoors with limited visibility and then decided to move outdoors because we just couldn’t see much of anything. Most of the clouds had burned off and by then it was just gorgeous scenery into fjordland with these sheer landscaped drops into the sea. Peter went to the bow of the ship to snap some photos and took Grant with him. On the way Grant stopped him and said “Actually Dad, this is really really beautiful”. Not a word we hear Grant say very often.

The boat let off a group of people who were doing a “by land and sea” tour and will meet up with the ship again in Dunedin tomorrow and we were on our way back out of Milford Sound. When we got to the end it was around time for lunch so we grabbed a quick lunch with the boys, did a few homework pages and took them back to kid’s club. Beautiful or not they weren’t going to be happy with looking at scenery all day. We weren’t due to be into Doubtful Sound so for the first time in 35 days I took a nap. That, was beautiful.

The other two sounds were of course gorgeous and again you take pictures and they just don’t capture what your eyes witness.

Today was the last day the cruise was running the Dancing with the Stars Competition. It was the Tango and it was a really fun dance. I was partnered with the ship’s dancer/choreographer and I had a ton of fun just being silly and goofing around. Before the finals for this particular dance he looked at me and just said.. just go over the top and be really sassy and fun. I screwed up some of the steps and thought for sure I was going to be knocked out as a final contender so for my final pose I turned and spanked my dancer guy on the butt. He totally wasn’t expecting it and fell over laughing and for whatever reason I won the Tango round. I now have to compete in the entire ship competition the last night of the cruise. So uh wish me luck J An hour later we went up to a Mariner cocktail hour and one of the ship’s crew who wasn’t there congratulated me – I guess when you slap a dancer’s butt word gets around.  Oh.  This is Misty typing, for all of you confused that Peter was the one handing out spankings.

Tomorrow – Dunedin and Cadbury World for the boys!

DSC04803DSC04808DSC04874DSC04942

DSC04820

 

Boys with the Captain:

DSC04979

No comments: