Sunday, January 20, 2008

All about Henry... :)

With all the seizure stuff going on with Grant I feel like we haven't had as much time to just enjoy Henry's baby stages.  It's going by incredibly fast and he's getting bigger and cuter by the minute.  His little smiles came in over Christmas and I forgot how much it warms your heart to have those pure little smiles looking back at you.  He also smiles when Grant talks to him.  He is starting to come out of the pink, squishy, infant stage and is changing looks.  He still looks quite a lot like Grant but he's going to keep that dark dark hair and I think his eyes are looking quite hazel or green.  He's FINALLY got the hang of nursing.  Only took us 7 weeks!  I have to say I'm so glad to be done with all the washing of bottles and pump pieces.  It just added one more thing to my already busy day.  On 1/16/08 he had his 2 month well baby visit with his pediatrician.  He now weighs 10.2 lbs which is in the 25%.  His height is 23" which is in the 50% and his head was 15" which is in the 10%.  He also had 5 shots at that visit which on top of everything else wasn't something I was too excited about.  He ran a bit of a temperature but has seemed to fully recovered.  I'm not sure if Henry is going to have the aversion to sudden noises like his brother did for so long, but it would appear that way.  Peter was emptying the dishwasher the other day and the pans clanking together jarred him awake and set him off as does my sneezing.  It's amazing how you forget all of this stuff the second time around but if possible I think we may have an even more laid back baby than Grant.  The noticeable difference is that Henry is a big snuggler. He likes to be held and would prefer to fall asleep ON someone and if not on someone he wants me within arms reach.  Grant never wanted to be held even as a baby so it was weird going through the "stop baby crying" check list with Henry.. fed? yup.  changed? yup.  burped? yep.  oh.. you just want me to hold you?.. okay.. how long.. oh i see.. forever.  I normally don't mind it but it is harder to get things done.. well that and having 2 kids now adds to the complexity.  Anyway, I wanted to post a little of what's goin on with the little guy so we don't forget what it was like when he was this little.

-misty

No comments: