Monday, January 23, 2006

Greetings from New Zealand! I only have a few minutes to type so this will be quick. The international flight went beautifully! Grant slept the entire time only waking up a few times for a bottle and for the first time EVER I was actually able to get some sleep on the flight. I’m convinced it’s because since having a baby my body has gotten used to grabbing sleep when I have any opportunity. Grant had 3 straight days of sleeping through the night and then back to waking up every 3-4 hours. I’m sure he’ll get the full night thing down just as we’re about to leave and then his internal clock will screw it all up again!

The day after we arrived we went to a barbeque at Bryan's house and it was the first time Grant had really spent any time outside. He wasn’t his normal, smiley self as he had to battle HOT sun, slimey sunscreen and a hat with a bill that seemed to limit his vision. I think he was still suffering from a bit of jetlag too.

The next day we went down to Sumner Beach and Grant had his first little paddle in the water. He wasn’t quite sure what to think of the cold water that kept rushing in but loved to squish his feet in the sand.

We’re off today to watch the World Busker Festival in the town center—will post some pics soon!

OH! Grant has been rolling around like crazy and scooching like a madman.. crawling is SO close!!!

No comments: