Friday, October 02, 2009

another literal funny and a “nightmare”.. this kid brings the LOLs

So last week we were doing our weekly Costco run and we’d crossed the very busy parking lot filled with people waiting for parking spaces.  Grant started jumping up and down exclaiming “MOM!! I SEE IT.. LOOK IT’S A NIGHTMARE!!!”.  I was totally confused and asked him what he meant and he pointed to a line of cars waiting to turn and said “see all those cars over there.. IT’S A NIGHTMARE!! IT REALLY IS!!!”.  No need to look very far to see where he got this.. Peter has zero tolerance for traffic and the slightest stop in traffic causes his blood pressure to rise and him exclaiming “what a nightmare..”  That kid doesn’t miss anything.

We also had a near embarrassing incident with a schoolmate,s mom.  She’d recently gotten her haircut really short and we saw her as we were pulling out of the school parking lot.  Grant got really excited and was asking me to roll down the window because he needed to ask her “Did you get your haircut at SuperCuts or what?”  I’m not hating on SuperCuts.  It’s the only hairplace he knows the name of and the last place he got his haircut.  I just don’t want him to offend all these women who go to much nicer places.  Hopefully by the time he’s a teenager and into girls he’ll outgrow this stage.  His dad isn’t quite there yet. :)  I can hear him asking “I don’t get it? What’s wrong with SuperCuts?”

Both Henry and Grant are in preschool now.  Henry is going to the Stepping Stones program that Grant used to go to on Weds and Fridays.  He’s doing ok but he does cry every time I have to leave.  Fortunately it only lasts about 2-3 minutes.  He’s still a boogie machine and will dance to any beat provided.  He’s also quite the singer.  I can tell what he’s singing by the tune but his abc’s and twinkle twinkle need some work as there’s some confusion as to which he’s singing when he does those.  :)

Grant is back at Bellevue Country day school and really enjoying it.  They now do a special “Guess My Sharing” type thing for their show and tell.  They give the class 3 clues and they have to try and guess what it is.  Every Tuesday night we spend memorizing the clues.  He’s also really trying to learn lyrics to songs.  The other day it totally made me smile when I heard his little voice singing Bob Marley’s “don’t worry, about a thing.. cuz every little thing.. gonna be alright”.. and “this is my message to you-hoo-hoo”.  They’re also apparently learning the Pledge of Allegiance in school.  Grant was dorking around with a car in the kitchen the other day and started saying.. “and to the republic for which it stands”.  I had to kind of stop and think oh wait.. what are you saying? I didn’t think they were doing this in school anymore.  It’s just fun seeing him like wanting to learn things like that.  He is a bit like his dad though.. the minute he realizes that someone is trying to make him LEARN something it becomes no fun anymore.  This, I’m realizing is why he’s no longer interested in Sesame Street.

We’re heading back to Nebraska tomorrow for some Gramma and Grampa time.  I’m doing it solo with the boys.. and while I’m so excited for our visit.. I’m so NOT excited for the plane trip again.  Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Love this!! Hope your visit to Cozad was fun.