Saturday, September 12, 2009

lost and found

Grant has been coming down with a cold over the past few days.  It’s not been anything that’s slowed him down, just a runny nose and losing his voice.  The voice business has been the biggest deal. 

Before we explained that he’d lost his voice he liked to shriek so it would cut off.  Once I noticed I told him he’d lost his voice.  He was very confused about where he could have lost it, offering suggestions as to where he maybe misplaced it.  “Maybe I left it downstairs when I was playing?” 

This morning his voice was a little squeaky and I said “yeah, your voice is probably still gone.”  He sat there for a minute and then asked what a voice was.  I explained it was when sound came out of your mouth.  He stewed on that for a bit and then very seriously told me “I’m not sure how I’m going to get it back in my mouth”. 

I love how every thing is so literal. 

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

That's funny!