Monday, August 29, 2005

One week til babyville

Well.. one week left. I've been feeling really run down for the past couple of days and literally did NOTHING today at home. I had great plans to do painting or sketching Grant's room to finish it off but it just didn't get done. I had another appt. at the doc's office today to monitor my blood pressure. The urinalysis came back with protein in it which is another indicator of preeclampsia. I'm really hoping I can make it through this week without getting it. I don't know why but I really don't want them to induce. So I realized that I hadn't felt the baby move much today and mentioned this to the nurse. She told me they'd probably send me the hospital to monitor the activity of the baby and my blood pressure over the span of an hour. I started getting worried about the same time she put the blood pressure cuff went on so of course my blood pressure was elevated again. So they sent me off to the hospital to get monitored. It was very weird, almost like a dry run for when we actually go in to deliver. I had to get these monitors strapped on to monitor the baby's heartbeat and the other to measure contractions. She also put on a blood pressure cuff that sucked the living life out of my arm every 5 minutes. I then had a beeper for the nurse in my left hand and a button in my right hand that I was supposed to hit every time I felt the baby move. Of course the minute I was strapped in Grant started wiggling and kicking like crazy.. so it wasn't an issue. My blood pressure was also pretty normal. They had to monitor this for an hour. I must have been tired because I totally crashed out despite the fact that this blood pressure thing was squeezing my arm like crazy every 5 minutes. Anyway, all was ok for one more day. Six or so more to go. I have to go in again tomorrow to take my bloodpressure again. Hopefully I'll have a bit more energy to get some more painting done so I can post those pics by weds at the latest. :)

-misty

No comments: