Thursday, May 15, 2008

mother's day, starting solids, and daddy's FINALLY back. :)

Mother's Day was a quiet little affair in The Dampier household.  Peter had left for Japan the Friday before so it was just me and the boys.  I'd gotten at least a 5 hour chunk of sleep the night before and it's amazing how much cuter your kids are when you're feeling well rested.  I'm just a much better mom when I've gotten some sleep. 

Grant made me this little mother's day pin in school.  I thought it was cute.  He's since reclaimed the pin and declared it his.  :)

 

henry solids and toy chest 055

Henry started solids on Friday as well.  I have no idea where time went but apparently we're at 6 months!  I the combination between having a toddler, Grant's seizures when Henry was a few weeks old and all of our traveling have made me feel like this 6 months has just flown by.  He had his six month visit and he's gaining weight.  He's not on the charts yet but he is gaining.  He's now 13.5lbs. 

henry solids and toy chest 047

There are some more pics over on the right side in our flicker photo album.

So.  I've survived another week without Pete being home but I'm exhausted.  It doesn't quite work when I tell Peter that after he's been on a bajillion hour flight but that's only one night.  I'm sure my level of exhaustion surpasses his by miles - tho I'm sure he'd argue.  After all it's really tough going out to really night restaurants every night. :)  Either way we're glad to have him home.  

-misty

oh! there are also some pictures in a photo album of a toy chest i just painted for a former co-worker of mine.  It's from a book called Ella the Elephant and is for her niece Ella. 

No comments: